Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
    Blog powered by Typepad

    Photo Albums

    « Misuse of Resources, Much? | Main | Lessons »

    October 21, 2008


    Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


    In the US you are tax exempt to up to US$80,000 a year, which means, since I am a university professor and not employed by a multi-national company, I am exempt. I do, however, pay capital gains and thing that is fair. However, the US is the only country that double taxes (you pay in your resident country and in the US if you make more than 80K). It really is unfair, given that countries like Brazil have hight taxes to start with. I think all non-US earned income should be tax-free. After all, you are not living in the US and using the tax paid for services and you are not getting off tax free, because you pay taxes in Brazil.

    The comments to this entry are closed.

    Currently in Rio...