Thank goodness there are limits to my free time. Because the spinoffs could be endless. Like "Where We've Seen People Pee in Rio" - a friend posed a seemingly innocent question as her facebook status last week, and got some interesting replies.
wants to know the strangest place you've seen someone pee in public in Rio? Saw a must have been 12 year old (with his parents) peeing in the middle of the sidewalk on Garcia D'avila . . . nice . . .
The responses to the query:
- Besides the pool showers at Caicaras? Come to Farma de Amoedo during Carnival!
- My driver stopped on Visconde to let me buy a gift for a birthday party. I got out and told the kids to wait in the car. 2 minutes later the boys were at my side in the store. I asked why they weren't in the car and they said that they had to potty. I started to ask about a bathroom at the store when my son said "The driver let us water the tree out front!"
- The outdoor pool showers at my gym. The little kids just pull their bathing suits to the side and let 'er, well... not rip, but...run?
- Walking to Zona Sul in Barra and saw the bus driver stop his bus, walk to the front of the bus and instead of opening his hood he opened his zipper and let it out right in front of his bus on Erico Verissimo which is a busy street.
- A boy peeing @ Nossa Senhora da Paz park right @ the bottom of the slide(you know where the kids land) in the sand. Very very nice indeed!
- During the half marathon I saw many men stopping at any corner, tree, post to do their needs...