Ok this entry is totally not related to Brazil.
I'm very excited/nervous/anxious about the US presidential election today. Yes, even though I am not American.
This weekend I caught up on the Tina Fey as Sarah Palin skits on SNL and found them quite amusing although maybe not as amusing as this...
When I first saw that Sarah Palin had been prank called by a Canadian comedian I quickly thought: Rick Mercer. However, it was Marc-Antoine Audette and Sebastien Trudel from Montreal who got through to Palin, posing as the French President, Nicolas Sarkozy.
Palin apparently did not catch on that it was a prank until the end of the 6 minute call, despite being told:
- she would make a good president someday (her response: maybe in 8 yrs).
- that he loves to hunt and that the two of them should go hunting by helicopter: "I just love killing those animals. Mmm, mmm, take away life, that is so fun..."
- that if they go hunting, they should leave Dick Cheney at home... (Palin responds that she will be a careful shot)
- that the Canadian PM's name is Steph Carse (it's actually Stephen Harper!) Palin replies: "Well, he's doing fine and yeah, when you come into a position underestimated it gives you an opportunity to prove the pundits and the critics wrong. You work that much harder."
- after she mentioned the beauty of the French President's wife he told her his wife is "so hot in bed"...
Palin only catches on after the comedians have identified themselves and even at that point says: "Oh, have we been pranked?"
The call will hit the airwaves in Montreal this morning...